I was very curious to check out The Complete Jewish Study Bible.
The Complete Jewish Study Bible features:
- New Bible Book Introductions
- Study Notes
- List of Contributors
- Colorful Maps
- Topics and Theme Articles
Why is the Complete Jewish Study Bible different from all other Bibles? Because it is the version of the Bible fully Jewish in style and presentation that include both the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the B'rit Hadashah (New Testament).
The purpose of this version is:
- Restore the unified Jewishness of the Bible
- Express the Tanakh and B'rit Hadashah together in modern English
- To make the Complete Jewish Bible fully usable in a Messianic synagogue
- A single volume containing the author's interpretation.
Also in this updated version, the definitions of Hebrew transliterated worlds are increased. For example, Eve is really Havah which means "life". He also replaced Yiddish words with their English equivalent.
As I read from the CJB, I like how it helps me connect with the Jewish roots of my Christian faith. The two aren't separate, but, equal. While it's not as good as reading from the original text, which would require extensive knowledge in other languages, I do feel it's less altered and watered down. From now on, I will be using this Bible as my go to resource in my quiet time.
You can connect with Hendrickson Publishers on: