CursiveLogic has come up with a concise, logical and painfree method to teach your child, who is already writing in manuscript, with their CursiveLogic Workbook.
Forgoing endless lessons and hours of frustration, CursiveLogic has a different approach:
• Letters grouped by shape: Four basic shapes make up the entire alphabet. CursiveLogic teaches all of the similar letters in one lesson, greatly simplifying the learning process.
• Letter strings: Rather than teaching letters individually, CursiveLogic teaches all of the letters that share a common shape in a connected string. This allows the letters to reinforce each other and means students are writing cursively from the very beginning.
• Color coding: Each letter string has a theme color that helps students remember the shape.
• Catch phrases: CursiveLogic uses “verbal task analysis,” or saying an action verbally as it is performed manually, to aid the development of muscle memory and to give students a mnemonic they can return to over and over.
• Real words: Because CursiveLogic teaches a group of letters in a single lesson, students can write real words at the end of the first lesson. For some students, this immediate success is a huge motivator.
Each workbook page is composed of two sections. An upper section that shows instruction for the teacher or parent and a lower section for the student or child to practice.
Our Experience with CursiveLogic
My 16 year old got to try his hand (literally!) at this program. Yes, he learned cursive years ago, but, like so many kids, never mastered it. He'll be taking the ACT in the fall and so, he needs to have the power of the pencil within his grasp!
After making sure he was holding his pencil correctly, we started....yes, I did make my 16 your old check his pencil grasp!
He was amazed at the logical way this program is taught. He wishes he had learned this way instead of being drilled with worksheets so many years ago! Looking over his shoulder, his siblings agree and wonder why I didn't use this method with them!!
CursiveLogic is truly an intelligent way to teach cursive!
Check out what other crew members are saying about CursiveLogic!
Connect with CursiveLogic: